Do you have practical trades experience in maintenance, DIY and Gardening?
This role is all about working to a high standard and taking day to day responsibility for the upkeep and general maintenance, safety and security of a domestic property home, grounds and premises for a young man with an acquired brain injury living independently in the community. You will need to ensure optimum state of repair and safety of use and ensure a comfortable living and working environment.
Required knowledge and experience:
Previous gardening, building and maintenance experience is desirable and a wide range of practical skills is essential. An understanding of safeguarding of vulnerable adults and confidentiality and data protection alongside Health and Safety in the workplace and infection control etc is also desirable.
- Well organised and able to plan workload
- Good computer and record keeping skills
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality
Reporting into the line manager your responsibilities are namely but not limited to:
- Carrying out daily and weekly checks of wheelchairs, hoists and other equipment, lighting and heating, vehicle etc and ensure staff are using equipment safely and are complying with H&S instructions, procedures and policies at all times.
- Carrying out day to day minor maintenance and repairs to a high standard and being able to differentiate when more specialist skills are required.
- Do light gardening, including leaf blowing, weeding, watering of plants, strimming, mowing and pruning, as necessary.
- Organising specialist skilled services to carry out service contracts.
- Carry out Swimming pool checks and daily cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Keep disruption to a minimum for the property resident.
- Cleaning internal and external areas of the property including litter picking and low-level window cleaning alongside maintaining and cleaning outdoor furniture.
We will supply any training required such as Pool management, Health and safety, first aid, etc.
For further information or to apply, please email your CV and a covering letter
to Carole: firstname.lastname@example.org. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check