Kendal Nutricare Ltd. is an English Pharmaceutical Research Company, manufacturing milk based infant formulas and weaning products to UK and export markets.
Site Shift Electrician
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated electrician to join our ever-growing business in the food manufacturing market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the service, repair, maintenance, installation and improvement of site machinery & equipment to ensure their safe and efficient working on a 24 hour basis.
- To carry out repairs and improvements in all matters of plant, machinery and services, utilising effective planning and computer maintenance management systems to ensure safe, efficient and effective site operation
- Communicate directly with the Production Team Leaders and Engineering Supervisor for day-day work during normal working hours and provide a first line response on a priority basis outside of normal working hours
Principal elements of the work involve:
- Maintain the site electrical fixed and portable equipment.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical breakdowns and effect repairs on a 24 hour basis.
- Identify faults during a breakdown situation of an electrical, mechanical and instrument nature.
- Implement agreed modifications to plant to increase efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Carry out planned maintenance on equipment that requires a major electrical input to perform efficiently and reliably and undertake limited mechanical maintenance.
- Operate production and non-production plant to enable fault finding.
- Operate with a high level of hygiene & adhere to the strict regimes of dress, personal hygiene, cleanliness & care in working that is demanded across site.
- Fully Qualified Electrical Engineer is essential.
- Industrial experience is essential as you will be the only electrician on site during night shift.
- Specialist trade training in the current Edition Regulation
- Training in PLC systems would be desirable (Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Omron).
- Experience of electrical drive and control systems is essential.
- Good communicator with a helpful and flexible approach.
- Be proactive in self learning and development.
Working Hours/Shift Pattern: 37.5 hrs per week: 3 x 12.5 hr Days / Nights rotation
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com to arrive no later than 14th June 2018
Kendal Nutricare Ltd, Mint Bridge Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 6NL | Tel: 01539 877100