Mail Order/E-commerce Assistant
Days of work: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday (weekend off every 6 weeks)
Length of contract: Permanent
Hours of work: 8.30 am – 5pm (hour lunch break)
Rate of pay: £12 an hour plus bonus.
Holidays: Statutory* see below
Main purpose of job: To work as part of a small team in our busy sales/marketing administration department. To report directly to the Mail Order Manager and provide a first-class customer service by the efficient daily dispatch of products from start to finish; receive orders, administer, process, pick, pack and dispatch domestically and internationally.
Key working relationships –
Immediately responsible to: Mail Order Manager
Ultimately responsible to: Operations Manager and Directors
Liaison with: All members of staff, customers, and suppliers.
Main tasks of the job:
Communicate internally and externally through all channels; telephone, emails, and web.
Administration of all systems both electronically and written; web
system orders, excel, courier software, packing lists, labelling,
customs’ procedures and internal filing. Web updates, email marketing, database management.
Stock control of all products for mail order section through internal sourcing and quality control. All areas kept clean and tidy.
Pack all parcels, picking list, implementation through correct
care and attention to meet company standards for high quality delivery
Deal with customer orders and queries; provide a friendly, supportive, informative and efficient service for varied customer needs from start to finish through all channels.
Required candidate qualities and requirements:
- Strong IT skills and knowledge either through a qualification or experience (please do NOT apply if you don’t have this).
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Can communicate effectively, written and verbally;
- Strong organisational skills and time management;
- An eye for detail and accuracy is paramount;
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet daily deadlines;
- Reliable and flexible when necessary;
- Be part of a small team yet work independently using own initiative;
- Desire to professionally ‘embrace’ a unique product and business.
To Note: You must be able to lift and carry;
Sign a confidentiality agreement.
*Holidays must be taken at the quieter times of the mail order operation i.e. Easter weekend, Whit week and summer.
No holidays when the Mail Order Manager is absent, or during December, or during other high-level seasonal promotions.
Operating in Covid:
With Covid the business has seen a surge in mail order demand gaining many new customers. Therefore, we now wish to recruit someone who is going to be a supportive member of the team and embrace this exciting growth and development. This person should be very flexible in their approach to working in a constant changing environment, and working with the same enthusiasm and goals as the rest of team.
We offer you the opportunity to work in the most beautiful part of the UNESCO Lake District National Park, and as part of a 4th generation friendly family business that prides itself on its social responsibility and commitment to the charitable sector, but we also offer (points 2, 3, 5 after 3 months):
- If not resident in Grasmere, free car parking.
- Health policy with the option to add family members which offers a cash back scheme.
- ‘My Cumbria Card’ offering discounts for regional attractions and facilities.
- Staff Discount.
- Payment of out of work courses that would be beneficial to the position.
- Free refreshments and as much Grasmere Gingerbread® as you like.
Harrison Ward, Grasmere Gingerbread® Mail Order Manager says: “Despite its 166-year provenance, Grasmere Gingerbread® is boldly embracing the opportunities presented by the digital age. With a growing global reputation, I am heavily occupied every day of the working week, dispatching varied orders to our customers who lives all over the world. I love my job and feel valued as an employee and as a person.”
Harrison Ward, Mail Order Manager
For Initial interest please send your CV through to Jane Potter who deals with HR firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or queries, please contact Jane Potter at the above email address as she only works remotely.
Meet our present team on our Staff page. www.grasmeregingerbread.co.uk/staff/
Thank you and good luck.