Our journey started in September 2019 when The Eltermere Inn unwrapped Slates Coffee & Kitchen in Elterwater where we already have a great team working together in a supportive and friendly environment.
We are on a mission to grow and now have a fantastic opportunity for a Head Chef to join the team and help us drive the business forward. We’re looking for someone outstanding, with a genuine passion for first-class customer service and a commitment to leading and developing a small team of Chefs.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this prominent role you will maintain complete control of the kitchen at all times, command the respect of your team, floor staff and Managers. You will spot and resolve problems efficiently, maintain calm level headedness and ensure the highest standards are maintained.
- Managing and communicating well with your team.
- Be responsible for the kitchen’s financial performance.
- Setting the standards through example for impeccable personal hygiene and food hygiene.
- Productively and pro-actively train and mentor junior chefs and push them to constantly improve.
- Take responsibility for the kitchen due diligence procedures ie; HACCP; COSHH; food wastage and rotas.
- Maintain a safe working environment within health & Safety guidelines.
- Collaborate in the continuing development of the ‘Slates concept’.
Great rates of pay • full time hours • amazing location • meals on duty • uniform provided • monthly tips • quality accommodation if needed • friendly atmosphere • access to Langdale Spa • development/growth opportunities • Generous discount
Are you currently a Head Chef looking for a new exciting challenge or Sous Chef ready to take the next step?
If you fancy joining our team get in touch. Send your cv to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 015394 37207, leave your details and we’ll be back in touch to have a chat.
The Eltermere Inn • Elterwater • Ambleside • LA22 9HY
Slates Coffee & Kitchen • Maple Tree Corner • Elterwater • LA22 9HP