Distribution Centre Colleague
Kendal Distribution Centre
Full-time, fixed-term contract until 17 Jan 2021
Day and night shifts available
About the role
Lakeland has been around for more than 50 years because our products are a cut above the rest. And our colleagues are the same. As a Distribution Centre Colleague, you’ll be picking stock to fulfil our ecommerce orders so that we can continue to delight our customers with the products they enjoy. You will also be involved with ‘goods in’, taking delivery of stock and storing it safely within the warehouse.
Given the current situation, we’ve taken extra measures to help protect all colleagues, which means you’ll be helping maintain a strict hygiene and social distancing regimen. It’s all part of making sure Lakeland isn’t just a great place to work but a safe one, too.
An often physical role, you’ll need good lifting and handling technique as well as admin and computer skills for accurately recording the movement of stock through the business. You may also be required to use order picking machinery, but full training will be given. We are looking for colleagues to join our day shifts and also our nights shift teams. Unsociable hours premiums are paid to colleagues on the night shift. For the right candidate, there’s no telling where it might lead.
Essential – the ‘must haves’
- A professional approach to work and the ability to receive, understand and carry out tasks to meet the day-to-day needs of the department
- Willingness to work towards certification for the range of machinery required for the role
- Excellent communication and listening skills, able to positively participate within a team
- Available to work night shifts on a full-time basis
- Good literacy and numerical skills.
- A high level of accuracy and conscientiousness
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Adaptability and reliability
Desirable – the ‘nice to haves’
- Existing knowledge of Lakeland products
- Experience of working within a warehousing environment flair.
Who we are
From humble beginnings as a tight-knit family operation, we’ve grown into a prestigious kitchenware retailer with 67 stores nationally, from Aberdeen to Truro. We’ve done that by always staying ahead of the pack and looking at things in our own way. When the home freezing boom happened in the 70s, we anticipated a kitchenware revolution. Now, we’re investing millions to ensure that our online offering is top notch, and that our retail stores can offer an experience worthy of a visit. That innovative spirit coupled with our intense customer focus has been the story of our success – work with us and it could be yours too.
There are many benefits to being part of the Lakeland team. Other than being part of a huge and happy working family, our colleagues are rewarded with a competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme and a group personal pension plan.
There are 29 days’ paid holiday (pro-rata, including bank holidays) and generous 20% discount on our products. We offer a great retail environment, and the chance to be part of a team who like to work and socialise together.
If you would like a copy of the full job description, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org