Aftersales Maintenance Engineer
We are seeking an experienced individual to carry out the various maintenance requirements and general repairs and maintenance in our Caravans, Lodges and Self-Catering units. It will also include maintenance and general repairs of our amenity buildings and grounds.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- To engage in a range of tasks in connection with the maintenance, aftersales and health and safety checks of our owners’ caravans and lodges, and our self-catering accommodation. Contribute to the up keep of the Park which may include grass cutting, strimming.
- Ensuring that reported maintenance and aftersales jobs are attended promptly.
- Perform administrative tasks as and when required.
- To undertake any other tasks required from time to time to contribute towards the successful operation of the company.
- To develop good relationships with customers, and always provide a high standard of customer service.
- To assist with the operation of gas bottle delivery when required.
- To contribute towards successful team working throughout the team at Hill of Oaks Holiday Park.
The role is for 39 hours per week over 5 days, predominantly Monday to Friday. There may be occasional weekend and public holiday working required.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in a similar role and demonstrate an enthusiastic, proactive, and problem-solving approach to the job. They will have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage customer expectations efficiently, be flexible, focused, self-motivated and be effective at time management and organisation. Some bank holiday and weekend working may be required.
A current driving licence is a requirement of the role as you will be required to drive various vehicles.
All employees are entitled to 28 working days annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) plus one/two additional day after 5/10 years’ continuous service respectively.
A series of staff discounts and benefits are available across our group of businesses.
Please apply with your CV and a short covering note telling us a bit about you to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are expected to be held mid February via video
About Lake District Estates
Lake District Estates is a family-owned company based in Kendal providing activities in and around the Lake District National Park. Within the group of businesses, we manage and operate 6 caravan/lodge parks; a canal marina complex with holiday apartments and moorings; a range of self-catering and glamping holidays; private caravan & lodge holiday home ownership; three stand-alone retail outlets trading as Peter Rabbit & Friends; and two heritage visitor attractions – Ullswater ‘Steamers’ and Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway.
About Hill of Oaks Park (to Include Newby Bridge Country Park & Buck Yeats Lodge Park)
This Five Star Visit England, David Bellamy Gold & AA 5 Pennant Park nestles on the slopes of an ancient woodland with exclusive Lake Windermere frontage for almost one mile with extensive facilities on site including five private Piers for boat launching, licensed shop & Bistro and wildlife walks.
Application deadline: 05/02/2021
Expected start date: 01/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: We are committed to safeguarding our workforce, visitors, customers and local communities and have stringent COVID-19 precautions, processes and policies in place, in line with best practice, government guidance and legislation.